The Legions of Craft Beer Fest relies heavily on our volunteers to support our cause. This year, we want to open up the volunteer opportunities to the greater public to help others give back to the event and continue to make it a community-run event!
We are seeking volunteers to help with four primary tasks:
- Set-up / Event Day (First Shift)
- Event Day / Cleanup (Second Shift)
- Take-Down (Sunday, September 17th)
The Legions of Craft Beer Fest will take place on Saturday, September 16th from 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at Gurnee Mills Entrance E (outside of Bass Pro Shops). All proceeds from the event go to support the American Legion Post 771 and the Lake County Honor Flight
Minimum Age Requirement
All volunteers MUST be over the age of 21 years to enter the festival.
In addition to the satisfaction of helping run Gurnee’s premiere Beer Festival and supporting a great cause, volunteers who meet the satisfied requirements of their shift will be provided:
- One 2017 Legions of Craft Beer Fest General Admission Pass (includes tasting glass and 20 sample tickets)
- One 2017 Legions of Craft Beer Fest T-Shirt
- Invitation to return to the 2018 Legions of Craft Beer Fest as a volunteer
The four volunteer tasks break down in to the following:
- Promotion: The first hurdle for any event is making sure the event is well attended and documented. We ask Promotion volunteers to hand out flyers, hang posters, and even take professional photos on event day to help document the day. Note: Promotion will be limited to select volunteers.
- Set-Up/Event Day: The first shift for volunteers will begin at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, September 16th as we set up signage, water stations, ice, and other requirements. Once the festival begins, Event Day volunteers will assist breweries with bringing ice, refilling water stations, emptying trash, and helping with crowd control. Shift ends at 4:00 p.m. After the shift ends, volunteers are free to enjoy the Fest.
- Event Day/Cleanup: The second shift for volunteers on event day begins at 3:30 p.m. Volunteers will assist breweries with bringing ice, refilling water stations, emptying trash, and helping with crowd control. Shift ends at 8:30 p.m. Once the Fest ends at 7:00 p.m., Event Day/Cleanup volunteers will help with clearing empty cans, picking up litter, and helping breweries bring equipment back to their cars.
- Next Day Take-down: Anyone who has ran an event can tell you the hardest part of an event is getting help cleaning up and removing equipment. For take-down, volunteers will meet on site at 10:00 a.m. on Sunday, September 17th to remove fences, chairs, sandbags, and other event items. NOTE: Take down is a lot of work and requires the ability to lift 75lbs.
Volunteers may not (under any circumstances) over indulge. Over indulgence on site (or the appearance or suggestion of over indulgence) will result in immediate removal from the event and future events. Remember, as a Legions of Craft Beer Fest volunteer we expect that you adhere to all rules & regulations while representing the Fest to the public. Anyone taking advantage of this policy will be escorted out of the event. If you taste, you must taste conservatively.
We count on your presence and your prompt arrival for your scheduled shift. If your schedule changes, please contact us immediately! Volunteers that do not contact the volunteer coordinator with schedule changes will be removed from the volunteer team and not be allowed to participate in any future Legions of Craft Beer events. NOTE: Do not bring backpacks; there is no place to secure items at the event.
How to Apply
To apply to be a volunteer, fill out our application here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2017LegionsVolunteers
Volunteers who are selected will be contacted regarding further details and what the next steps are.